Monday, November 19, 2007

Thursday

Thanksgiving is just around the corner! I LOVE the smell of Thanksgiving. The butter, onions & celery sauteeing is the best! My Mom used to make so many baked goods, no wonder we packed on a good 5 lbs during the Holidays. I don't make stuffing any other time of year, so I'm looking forward to that the most. I'm starting my baking today. Here's my schedule:

Monday - clean spare bedroom (my cousin is coming from Detroit)
make sugar cookie dough
bake banana bread
Tuesday - make pie dough
bake pumpkin bread
make fudge
Wednesday - bake & decorate sugar cookies
bake pecan pie
rip stale bread for stuffing
make bread dough for rolls
prepare the brine for the turkey
Thursday - turkey goes in the brine at 6 a.m.
make rolls
dinner's ready at around 2

Yes, I like Thanksgiving. But let's be honest.......it just means we're that much closer to Christmas!

No comments: