Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Works for me Wednesday

Shannon over at Rocks in my Dryer hosts a Wednesday event called.....Works for me Wednesday. It's a chance for Mom's to post things that are handy / tricky that other Mom's can try in their homes. I love the idea of this and am going to start posting some of my tricks of the trade.

This week - environmently friendly shoe deoderizer. I don't know about you, but I hate the smell of my hubby's shoes. Although his shoe spray is nearly as bad. =P

Here's my solution: take those single socks (you know, the ones who's partner got eaten by the dryer) and fill them with baking soda. Tie it off with some ribbon or even a rubber band...tightly. Leave them in a basket by the front door and when hubby gets home, throw one in each shoe. The baking soda will soak up the moisture and deoderize! This is much cheaper than those sprays and you won't be using chemicals. Try it and let me know if how you like it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome idea - i missed the wfmw last week - gonna have to try this one!!!