Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hide n Seek

The other day Campbell wanted to play hide n seek. I despise hide n seek. Mainly because I can't win. There are only a few spots that a grown up can hide in our house. A closet, behind an open door, under the table or behind a curtain.

Those are all great places EXCEPT...the dog. She doesn't leave my side. If I'm hiding behind the curtain, she's standing in front of the curtain. She's like a stinking alarm screaming "SHE'S RIGHT HERE. LOOK OVER HERE. RUFF RUFF. HURRY UP. I'M TIRED OF STANDING HERE."

But the other day was different. At about 1 o'clock I was feeling pretty sweaty after a day of packing. I wanted a shower. By myself. Alone. I only need 10 minutes. Hmmm...

So I asked Campbell if she wanted to play hide n seek. "OF COURSE!" she said.

I asked her to count to 20. As soon as she covered her eyes. I ran upstairs, shut the bathroom door & jumped in the shower. After about 5 minutes or so I hear her run upstairs. She opens the bathroom door & walks passed. (Sh...she didn't see me). Never mind the shower's running...she didn't figure it out. She doesn't even think or realize that I'm in there. I? Am a genius.

She leaves. A few minutes later returns & says "mom are you in there? I found you!"

She thinks she won. But we all know who the REAL winner is? I got 15 whole minutes. Alone. Ahhh...

8 comments:

Becky J Erbes said...

You are BRILLIANT!!!!!

I haven't heard about the house hunt. Were you successful? Been a few weeks since we talked! I'd email you but don't have your addy on this laptop!! LOL

Email me!!!

Love you, Genius!

Fred McKinnon said...

whoa, I need to share this one w/ my non-blogging wife, Joy .. she'd SOOOO relate!

Anonymous said...

First, I am Samantha. Found this post from Tammy's blog. Just had to say that is awesome!

Little Steps Of Faith said...

That was SO funny:) I just love kids!

Unknown said...

seriously. you should be President!

Heather Stevens said...

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHH!!! that is TOOOOO funny!! hahahahah :)

Mel said...

Well played!

selenasays said...

that is waaaay funny. Wish I'd thought of that when my kids were younger. Enjoy these times my friend, they pass far too quickly.
Selena
AKA @sadeelady