Friday, November 7, 2008

President Elect

To be totally honest, race did not play a card in this election for me. I heard one reporter say that voters my age were color blind. We didn't take race into consideration. I guess I'm one of them. I voted on issues alone.


I kept hearing news anchors talk about how momentous this was...that an African American man would be in the White House. I didn't see the importance...until I saw this picture.


It gave me chills. The good kind.


I found the picture above posted on Rebecca Woolf's blog - Girl's Gone Child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my son is african american. i can not tell him he can be anything he wants, and not be stretching. thanks for sharing the picture.

CyndiAKADisneyqueen said...

Wow. Its not the same as seeing it on paper. Thanks for sharing.