Monday, November 26, 2007

The Beatles......

I am so excited for GCC's upcoming Christmas series. Let It Be....Christmas. For those of you who know me extremely well, you know that growing up, knowing all of the words to The Beatles songs was almost a requirement in our house. My brother it the ULTIMATE fan. My Mom was a close second.

I love almost every song put out! I can't list all my faves but here are a few:

Let It Be
War Is Over
Rocky Racoon
Eleanor Rigby
Yesterday
Ticket to Ride
Norwegian Wood
When I'm 64
I am the Walrus
Ob La Di
Blackbird............OH yeah
While my guitar gently weeps
Happiness is a warm gun
BASICALLY, THE ENTIRE WHITE ALBUM
Octopus's Garden
Hey Jude
Long and Winding Road
And I Love Her

Anyway, when I was in the 3rd grade, my Mom and I were having a quiet day at home listening to The Beatles. That was a daily thing like I said before. She sat me down and said that she wanted me to sing Let It Be at her funeral someday. I replied with "I want you to play Purple Rain at mine." Needless to say, I was unable to sing at her funeral. But Marty (my brother) and I put together an amazing montage of photos of her 51 years on earth. We played Garth Brooks The Dance, Kenny Rogers Through the Years, The Beatles And I Love Her and Let It Be. It was so powerful. Everyone, I think even the church staff, had hot tears streaming down their faces.

If any of you see me at church over the next month (I'll be the one sobbing profusely= /) Don't worry, they are tears of joy. Numerous years and countless memories that are somehow ALL tied to Beatles songs. I think Christmas Eve's song selection will be the most difficult for me.

No comments: