Thursday, October 11, 2007

Time


Some of you know that I spend most of my time cleaning house, changing diapers & singing Hannah Montana in our "dance party" basement! But, I've been keeping track of my volunteer time for tax purposes. WOW - does that add up! I volunteer to do a lot of baking at Cyra's school. They have cake walks as well as teacher conference meals. I also am in charge of Cyra's Girl Scout troops which often take weekend / overnight trips. I am also in charge of the Granger area Girl Scout troops (18). I just organized the troops, plan events, train leaders etc. I haven't even gotten to church yet! I volunteer every other week in the nursery as well as some other off site missions. The truth is that I've been considering getting an evening / weekend job, but that would mean giving up some of these great opportunities to serve. I guess volunteering does pay, but only at tax time!

No comments: