Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Positive Post Tuesday

This is my first time participating...feel free to welcome me with open arms. =)

I want to write about my friend Joan. Joan is the mom of 2 and works full time at a bank. She is a woman after God's own heart. Her oldest daughter is in my Girl Scout troop.

There have been so many times I've been discouraged in my role as their leader. It involves SO MANY hours of training. Which means babysitting costs, gas costs, time away from family & sometimes hubs taking time off of work.

I get very little thank you's or support from my moms. Except Joan. She is quick to say "thanks". She's quick to call when an email for help goes out. She understands that I can't do everything myself & doesn't "punish" me for that.

Because she works, she can't volunteer for everything. But does when she can (or sends hubs). They both have been a blessing to me this year. I'm grateful to have them in my life.

3 comments:

christinewith6 said...

Sometimes, it's not so much about the thanks as the knowing that someone appreciates what you are doing/have done that makes it all worth it. I don't know what I would do without the people in MY life like Joan that seem to support me even when people that should be there for support & etc. aren't. I'm glad you have someone like this!

World's Greatest Mommy said...

So sweet! I can't believe you're a girl scout leader. My daughter's girl scout leader is wonderful and I can't believe how much she does. It's a huge job.

It's so nice to receive a little thanks, too. It's amazing what it does for morale and attitude.

Anonymous said...

Definitely a sweet story. Thanks for sharing it.