Saturday, December 29, 2007

Scrapping

I found this blog on my old myspace. I don't really use it anymore and this one was the only one worth saving (not that it's very interesting).

In 2001 I was friends w/ a girl named Katie in Oregon (we are still friends). She decided to sign up as a Creative Memories consultant. Her sister was really into scrap booking, as well as her Mom and a bunch of friends. I was not one of them.

Her first month or so in business, her sister invited me to a workshop. It was only $10 and included a night w/ some ladies.....I was game. I showed up w/ my 10 pictures and started working. It was actually fun. I scrapped Cyra's first birthday. Awwww..... That first night I bought a $200+ package of supplies. But, over the next year I bought nearly $1500 worth of stuff. I used most of it, but had lots of duplicates. I think I really ordered just to get the "free" and "exclusive" items. I'm such a sucker.

Well, now that we only use a digital.......I have no actual photos. I don't have time to put them on a disc and then take them to get developed. What makes me think I'm going to have time to add pretty papers, stickers and other embellishments? I'm going to sell it all on ebay. It's taken me almost a year to finally make that decision. Sheesh.....I think I have stuffitis.

Don't get me wrong. I love the look of scrapbooks. My sister in law Jennifer has her own scrapping company. Check it out! But, I don't have time and frankly......I ain't that great!

No comments: