Sunday, May 18, 2008

Camping = time w/ God

For those of you who follow me on Twitter, you already know I took my oldest 2 camping this last weekend.

We had a good time. It took me a whole hour to set up the tent, but I was still impressed. Hello? It's not easy...

The first night was rough. Our camp stove broke. Sucky. Then a storm came through. Super sucky. We just layed awake and looked at each other.

The girls fell asleep, but I was wide awake waiting for the storm to throw us (in our tent) back to Indiana.

So, I started to pray. Now, I have to admit that I'm horrible at praying consistently. I pray when I need something, not as a form of worship....I'm working on it ok.

My favorite way to pray is the ABC prayer. Find a word that starts w/ A that you want to pray for. Here are a few that I ended up praying about, that really moved me.

C - Children, that they would find God loving men and continue to serve Christ.
L - Love, that I would be better about showing love to folks, not just my immediate family.
M - Money, be more responsible w/ what he's giving me to manage.
P - Patience, force myself to practice so that patience is my automatic response. Also, positivity...I'm such a pessimist. (perfect timing huh Scott?)
Q - Quitting, that I would follow through with things. Quitting is not an option. God doesn't quit o me.

Anyway, the first night, as horrible as it seemed, turned out to be some great time w/ God.

Here are a few pics from the weekend. The truck unpacked & packed. The tent ....aren't you impressed? Kenady's swollen feet from our LONG hike. Cyra awake at 2 am. Having breakfast in the back of the truck. Didn't get picks of us writing nature haiku & cinquain poems and then binding our own books. Also missed picks of our campfires. The phone died.






1 comment:

World's Greatest Mommy said...

You are one brave lady! I'm a camping loser.

Sometimes, though, you're right, it's in those quiet moments when we're still enough to really talk to Him and hear Him.

I pray for most of the same things.